The Argentina Selection He still has a smile on the surface for having won the last Copa América, but there is no time for relaxation: the World Cup in Qatar is less than a year and a half away and he needs to qualify, but the boycott of several top leagues in Europe to the South American Qualifiers it can complicate the picture.
Despite FIFA’s warnings, the clubs of the English Premier League, the Spanish La Liga and the Italian Serie A are firm in their decision not to give in to the players. Portugal also joined in the last hours, while the French Ligue 1 and the German Bundesliga remain in the opposite position, something that means a bit of relief for the Albiceleste.
So the picture, for a hypothetical eleven coach Lionel Scaloni could have only eight of the 30 originally cited. Lionel Messi and Angel Di Maria to occupy the ends of the attack, and another from PSG in the midfield: Leandro Paredes. Would also come Lisandro Martinez and Nicolás Tagliafico from Ajax to defense, while Bayer Leverkusen would release Exequiel Palacios.
River also contributes two names of the eleven, without problems to travel. In the arch, Franco Armani It has enough sheet metal to fill the place that Emiliano Martínez (Aston Villa) would leave vacant. In turn, the projection of Julian Alvarez -cited in the Copa América- would position it as a bet in the attacking positions.
What can local and Brazilian football bring to the Argentine National Team
In this context, the right back would be left without an owner, a position in the center of the defense and one more striker would also be needed in Lionel Scaloni’s team. They could arrive from the local media or also via Brasileirao, without restrictions on the transfer of footballers. Who is it? Some options…
- To occupy the right side: Fabricio Bustos (Independent) and Gabriel Mercado (International).
- To be the first center marker: Carlos Izquierdoz (mouth) the Leonardo Sigali (Racing).
- To play as a forward: Matias Suarez (River), Facundo Farías (Columbus) or Cristian Pavon (Boca).
- Other names that can be summoned: Agustin Rossi and Marcos Rojo (Mouth), Walter Kannemann (Guild), Milton Helmet and Enzo Perez (both from River), Ignacio Fernandez and Matías Zaracho (both from Atlético Mineiro), Thiago Almada (Velez) and José Sand (Lanús, scorer of the LPF).
The 22 summoned to the Argentine National Team who could not travel
- Emiliano Martinez (Aston Villa, ING)
- Cristian Romero (Tottenham, ING)
- Emiliano Buendía (Aston Villa, ING)
- Young Lo Celso (Tottenham, ING)
- Geronimo Rulli (Villarreal, ESP)
- Gonzalo montiel (Seville, ESP)
- Juan Foyth (Villarreal, ESP)
- Marcos Acuña (Seville, ESP)
- Rodrigo De Paul (Athletic, ESP)
- Guido Rodriguez (Betis, ESP)
- Alejandro Gomez (Seville, ESP)
- Angel Correa (Athletic, ESP)
- Juan Musso (Atalanta, ITA)
- Nahuel Molina (Udinese, ITA)
- German Pezzella (Fiorentina, ITA)
- Lucas Martinez Wednesday (Fiorentina, ITA)
- Nicolas Dominguez (Bologna, ITA)
- Lautaro Martinez (Entirety)
- Nicolas Gonzalez (Fiorentina, ITA)
- Joaquin Correa (Entirety)
- Paulo Dybala (Juventus, ITA)
- Nicolas Otamendi (Benfica, POR)
When does the Argentine National Team play: the 2021 calendar, venues, schedules and more
- 02/09/2021 | Venezuela – Argentina, in Caracas (21.00)
- 05/09/2021 | Brazil – Argentina, in San Pablo (16.00)
- 09/09/2021 | Argentina – Bolivia, in Buenos Aires (20.30)
- 07/10/2021 | Paraguay – Argentina, in Asuncion
- 12/10/2021 | Argentina – Peru, in headquarters to be confirmed
- 11/11/2021 | Uruguay – Argentina, in Montevideo
- 16/11/2021 | Argentina – Brazil, in headquarters to be confirmed
* In the October window, the postponed match against Uruguay could be played at home. In addition, for now there are no friendlies planned and all FIFA dates are destined for the Playoffs.(T&C)