The Government of Jalisco opened the registry for the Jalisco 2021 Scholarship program, which is intended for low-income students of basic education (primary or secondary) or normal education.
The scholarship consists of delivering a single payment, which in the case of basic education students will be 1,200 pesos, While for normal education students will be 1,840 pesos.
If you meet the requirements, you have until September 15 to register on the page sistemas.sej.jalisco.gob.mx/becasjalisco
You must bear in mind that first-year elementary school students cannot participate in this program, and the support will only be provided to one family member.
How do I register for the Jalisco Scholarships?
If you are a student in any of these modalities, the first thing you should do is enter the page sistemas.sej.jalisco.gob.mx/becasjalisco, and after filling in some personal data, you must upload the documents that they indicate.
Once your data has been validated, and you download the acknowledgment of receipt (proof of completed process), the Jalisco Ministry of Education (SEJ), through the Regional Delegation of Educational Services (DRSE) will contact you, by phone or mail electronic, to tell you the date on which you must report to the corresponding offices to deliver all the documents in physical form.
Only one person, mother, father or guardian should attend this appointment, since the entry of minors is not allowed.
What documents do I need to register?
- Birth certificate
- Report card for the last school year (2020-2021)
- Proof of address no more than three months
- Proof of expenses with a validity of no more than three months, preferably in the name of the mother, father or guardian; all that are counted and verified a family expense
- Payroll receipts for those who work in the family and live in the house
- Copy of the INE of the mother, father or guardian
- In the event that one of the parents is deceased, a copy of the death certificate
- In case the applicant student has a disability, a copy issued by a public institution that certifies said disability
- Explanatory letter (free format; not required)
- Protest letter in case of not having payroll receipts
What requirements do I need to apply for the scholarship?
- Being Mexican in the state of Jalisco and having CURP
- Not being a first-year primary school student
- Be enrolled in a public institution and be a regular student
- Have attended a public school in the State of Jalisco in the 2020-2021 school year
- Have obtained a minimum school average of 8 (eight) for students of regular basic education and normal education; and 6 (six) for special education students
- Family income should not be equal to or greater than the amount of two monthly minimum wages: 8, 502 pesos
- Parents or guardians must not be employees or public officials of any order of government.
The results of the Jalisco Scholarships will be announced on September 28 on the page sistemas.sej.jalisco.gob.mx/becasjalisco
If you were interested in this news and want to know more, then download and discover INFORMAPlus, the digital application of THE REPORTER, where we have exclusive content, selected by our editors, to give readers a more complete experience.
Download the application and try it FREE for thirty days.
If you are a subscriber of THE INFORMER, your access is included, request it at 33 3678-7777