Fire in Recoleta: for the prosecutor it was accidental and there was no explosion

The prosecutor Sebastian Fedullo He said today that the fire that left five dead in a building located in the Buenos Aires neighborhood of Recoleta “would have been something accidental” and assured that “there is nothing electrical or gas that has exploded” in the place.

From the scene of the accident, the prosecutor in charge of the case told the media that “there is no stove, no kitchen, no water heater and no device that has exploded as many said” and stressed that “there is nothing that has been corroborated by firefighters in that sense”.

Watch: Recoleta: five dead and thirty-five injured after fire in a building

Fedullo stressed that “there is no sign of violence on the property, nor was the heater that some media outlets were talking about found.

He advanced that “there is not even preliminary expertise, which with luck would be tomorrow, plus a final report later.”

“In principle, I reiterate, an accidental fire and the cause will obviously be determined by the skills, not only by firefighters, but by the other skills that are being carried out and even the statements that I am going to collect,” he explained.

In the report on the fire that broke out at 5:50 in the apartment on the seventh floor of the Ecuador 1026 building, almost Avenida Córdoba, while its occupants were sleeping and quickly spread to the upper floor, the Judicial Investigation Corps of the Public Prosecutor’s Office works. of the City together with Firefighters, criminalistics and the Edenor company, added the sources.

The five fatal victims, three children and two women, lived in the apartment where the fire started, which encompassed a large room, a kitchen, three bedrooms and a bathroom, as well as corridors of the house, according to police sources. .

The victims were members of the Jewish community, AMIA president Amos Linetzky told Télam.

The emergency forced the deployment of a major operation with eight fire departments and 22 SAME ambulances to control the flames and rescue the residents.

Leave a Comment