At snack time, they have no opponent. The dulce de leche cones they unite the dream ingredients of every sweet tooth: caramel sauce, the Argentine classic; chocolate, a universal delight; and a base of cookie holding these little works of art.
Despite its popularity, few people dare to prepare these sweets from the comfort of their home, preferring to buy them from the local bakery. Although the construction or the melted chocolate may seem intimidating, the truth is that this recipe ends up being the most simple, in addition to being light on the pocket due to its reduced list of ingredients.
Today’s recipe is ideal for beginners, but if you like to elevate this simple dessert, you can always vary the filling. For this you can add a piece of walnut in the heart of each cone, just enough stick with a button of dulce de leche the walnut to the biscuit base and complete the conito with the filling.
Makes 20 servings
- 125 g of soft butter
- 125 g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon of bitter cocoa
- 1 egg
- 220 g flour 0000
- 500 g of confectioner’s dulce de leche
- Chocolate coverage, quantity required
- To start, in a bowl, beat the butter with the sugar and cocoa. Then add the egg and once incorporated into the mixture, the sifted flour.
- Mix to form a uniform dough. Wrap in film and take to the fridge for 1 hour.
- With the help of a kitchen stick, roll out the dough until it is thin (approximately 5 mm high).
- Cut 20 circles of 4 cm diameter and put them on a greased plate. Bake them at 175 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes and let them cool.
- Pour the dulce de leche into a piping bag and, on each cookie base, build the cone.
- While the conitos are Chill in the fridge for 15 minutes, melt the chocolate coating.
- Take the snacks by the base and dip in the chocolate just the tip of dulce de leche. Let solidify.
- Once cooled, bathe them completely in the chocolate. Let cool in the refrigerator and keep them at a cool temperature.
An advice: If at home there is no desire for dulce de leche cones, they can be made with the same dough and ingredients chocolate covered dulce de leche alfajores. You only need to use the bases of the cones as tapas, include a layer of dulce de leche between them and bathe the alfajor in the melted chocolate.