The launch of a new tribute album to Pink Floyd is announced, which follows in the vein of one that came out a few months ago, “Still wish you were here”. In it, a series of great figures of music recreated the songs of the classic “Wish you were here”. Now the same is done with another album, “Animals”, and this is how “Animals Reimagined” takes shape.
The disc features icons such as Rick Wakeman, Al Di Meola, Dream Theater’s James LaBrie, King Crimson’s Pat Mastelotto, among other musicians and former musicians from bands such as Jethro Tull, Rainbow, UFO, Mahavishnu Orchestra, Bauhaus and others.
This comes out on November 19 and there is a first preview, the song ‘Dogs’, you can check it out below.
The ad reads: “Fusing guitarist David Gilmour’s guitar work with Roger Water’s lyrics, Animals is widely hailed by Floyd’s staunch fans as one of the group’s most highly conceptual and uncompromising albums of their career, and certainly set the template for the commercial breakthrough that would come two years later with 1979’s The Wall. “
He adds: “Animals Reimagined features performances by veteran musicians and singers such as jazz-rock guitar legend Al Di Meola, psych-rock godfather Arthur Brown, drummer Billy Cobham, UFO’s Vinnie Moore, Patrick Moraz. from Yes and Moody Blues, Jan Akkerman from Focus, Carmine Appice from Vanilla Fudge, Jon Davison and Billy Sherwood from Yes, guitarist Albert Lee, James LaBrie from Dream Theater, and others. Each track on this groundbreaking work has been completely reimagined with modern production embellishments and tasteful musical additions, while staying true to the heady and subtly complex compositions of the original album. “
The CD is presented in a deluxe 6-panel digipak with illustrations created by Mike “Beeple” Winkelmann, with cover art designed by James McCarthy.
Animals Reimagined Track List:
- Pigs On A Wing 1 – Nick van Eede (Cutting Crew) & Martin Barre (Jethro Tull)
- Dogs – Graham Bonnet (Rainbow), Vinnie Moore (UFO), Kasim Sulton (Utopia), Jordan Rudess (Dream Theater) & Pat Mastelotto (King Crimson)
- Pigs (Three Different Ones) – James LaBrie (Dream Theater), Al Di Meola, Joe Bouchard (Blue Öyster Cult), Patrick Moraz (The Moody Blues) & Billy Cobham (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
- Ovejas – Arthur Brown, Rick Wakeman (Yes), Jan Akkerman (Focus), David J. (Bauhaus) & Carmine Appice (Cactus/Vanilla Fudge)
- Pigs On A Wing 2 – Jon Davison (vocalista de Yes), Albert Lee & Billy Sherwood (Yes)
Hear the new version of “Dogs,” a 17-minute suite sung by Rainbow’s Graham Bonnet with Vinnie Moore on guitar, Utopia’s Kasim Sulton on bass, Dream Theater’s Jordan Rudess on keyboards, and King Crimson’s drummer, Pat Mastelotto: