They demand that the State undertake searches

With the visit that the United Nations Committee against Enforced Disappearance (CEDand the resulting recommendations, it is expected that the State assume the obligation to search for disappeared persons and do not continue to be a task for family members, collectives affirmed.

In an interview, Grace Fernández Morán, director of outreach Collective Looking for Disappeared Mexico, trusted that the information being collected by the HIM-HER-IT It is not only useful for making and improving laws, but primarily for the recognition of the responsibility that the authorities have in the three levels of government.

So far in the current administration, the whereabouts of 25,138 people are unknown, most were between 25 and 29 years old at the time of the report, according to registry data. Missing and Missing Persons National (RNPDNO) from Interior Ministry.


The activist based in Coahuila He commented that Mexico has «a very good law, unique in the world, acclaimed by lawyers and whatever you want, but in practice there is a divorce from the Prosecutor’s Office with the Search Commissions and that’s where you have to remind Prosecutors that the responsibility of the searches is theirs.

“That if they had done their job effectively there would have been no need to create the Search Commission, although of course it is complementary to facilitate the search processes of the person,” he said.

The visit of CED that began on November 15 and ends today covered 12 entities: Mexico City, Chihuahua, Coahuila, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Jalisco, Morelos, Nayarit, Nuevo Leon, Sinaloa, Tamaulipas and Veracruz.

In addition, the members of the Committee met with groups and organizations seeking persons from 25 states, where the General Prosecutor of the Republic, the Secretariat of National Defense, as well as Segob.

RESULTS, UNTIL MARCH

Although the CED is shaping up to offer a press conference today, it will be until March or April when the Committee meets where the recommendations for the Mexican State on forced disappearance will be presented.

Fernández Morán stressed that Mexico is the first country to visit this UN Committee and it was a campaign promise of the current Government to carry it out, since since 2013 they had requested to go to the national territory.

“For us as relatives of the victims it is very important that they are here because as experts they have knowledge of what the best practices are and sometimes one is saturated; it helps us to know how to obtain justice ”, expressed the activist.

FIND 16 PITS

The colective Seeking Mothers of Sonora made a call – through his social networks – for the HIM-HER-IT go to the property The Carboneras of the South highway, so that the proceedings are expedited.

«We request the presence of Mrs. Carmen Villas from the UN to quickly investigate these 16 graves (…); that larger authorities come than the state ones, “said Ceci Flores of said group.

The discovery occurred during the Third State Search Brigade carried out by the Seekers and the collective We are all Erick Carrillo who traveled from Tijuana, Baja California, to participate in the work.

According to organizations, there would be at least 20 bodies and charred remains in the graves. In addition, Flores commented that if the authorities do not bring to light much of what is located, the remains will go to the common grave.

Within the framework of the stay CED In the country, the Movement for Our Disappeared in Mexico – which groups more than 60 organizations – called on the Government to assume the commitments resulting from the UN committee report.

On November 15, Alejandro Encinas, Undersecretary of Human Rights, recognized that it is going through a crisis of disappearances, humanitarian and human rights.

The CED is a United Nations body, made up of 10 independent experts, who oversee the application by States that have ratified the International Convention for the Protection of All Persons from Enforced Disappearance.

LEG

Leave a Comment