Despite being one of the most used apps, many people follow WhatsApp-the-hidden-tricks-that-not-everyone-knows-and-can-make-your-life-easier-20220608-0078.html” target=”_blank”> without knowing all the functions of WhatsApp. A clear example of this is the “handwriting”. And although it is not a native tool of the instant messaging platform of Goalthose interested in using itor they need to download a third-party application, usually harmful to your cell phone.
This feature works in conjunction with the Google keyboard, called Gboardit serves so that you leave aside the traditional digital keys and the objective is to write your texts by making lines on the smartphone screen
For example: if with your finger you write “Hello”, automatically the word will appear in the text field of the app.
The first thing you have to do is download Gboard -available on Google Play or App Store- and make it your default keyboard. After having installed the keyboard, you must open the application and grant it all the necessary permissions so that it can operate without problems.
Then, several options will appear in the section “Settings” > go to “Languages” > “Add keyboard” > “Spanish (USA)” > above select the one that says “Handwriting” (important) > now press the “Done” button.
The step by step to activate “handwriting” in WhatsApp
- Before starting, check that WhatsApp has no pending updates in app stores iOS Y Android.
- Then open the messaging app and enter any chat, it can be group or personal.
- There you will have to touch on the text field and the keyboard will open, but without the letters, symbols, numbers, etc., there will only be one empty space that says “write by hand here”.
- The only thing you have to do is trace a word, for example: “Hello”.
- Finally, you will see that automatically the word typed in the text field will appear.
Clever! The results are pretty good, actually. There will only be failures if you write a letter that is not appreciated very well, everything else works effectively.
Anyway, if you want to have the keys again, reverting it is very simple: All you have to do is open the Gboard app again, click on “Languages” > “Spanish (USA)” > and select the keyboard that says “QWERTY”.