The mayor of the City of Salta, Bettina Romero, inaugurated the third headquarters of the University Extension Center (CEUNSa), an initiative of the Municipality articulated together with the National University of Salta (UNSA).
In the place that will work in the Community Integration Center “Nuestra Señora del Carmen” in the Unión neighborhood, a wide agenda of activities, workshops and talks will be offered for the residents of the north zone.
“We are very happy to be able to open a new university extension center for the northern zone. More education and training equals more opportunities to progress”, said Romero.
In the day led by the mayor, three activities were carried out that included workshops on Vocational Guidance, Solar Energy and talks on Engineering, Health and Exact Sciences. When taking the floor in the official act, The president expressed: “This is the way to move forward together, the neighbors, the municipality and the University. Salta is a land of opportunities, above all because there are human resources, which with these actions we are going to strengthen”.
The mayor, Bettina Romero, recalled that this year the National University of Salta (UNSa) celebrated its 50th anniversary and with this articulation together with the municipality, they managed to be in the neighborhoods for the first time: “Today we can say that in the southeast, west and north, residents have quality education within their reach”.
The official stressed that many young people attend the different university points inaugurated and highlighted: “We are driving a true transformation by bringing quality education to neighborhoods. For us things are measured by doing and these are concrete actions for the progress of Salta”.
Romero recalled the important investment of the Municipality in the new CIC de Unión building, which has service and advice offices, where residents can do paperwork, manage their driver’s license and receive training. In this regard, he stated:We invested in this space thinking of providing the neighbors with a quality place, full of life and activities.”.
“The neighbors chose me as Mayor to make things right. These are the decisions that have to do with progress and the best quality of life for all Salteños,” she concluded.
On the other hand, the rector of the National University of Salta, Daniel Hoyos, highlighted: “I am very happy because a month ago I was at the reopening of this CIC and today we already have a new University Extension Center. This means knowledge and connection with the world for the people of Salta. I thank the Mayor for this positive articulation”.
The trainings that will be given in the new university space are:
- Videogame Programming. From November 30. Wednesday from 16 to 18.
- Children’s literature workshops “Games that count”. Since December 2. Saturdays at 10.
- Basic Electronics Workshop. Since December 2. Saturdays at 10.
- Photoproduct workshop for entrepreneurs. From December 1. Thursday from 10 to 12.
- Programming Development Workshop. “The ABC’s of web development”. Since November 29. Tuesday and Thursday from 16 to 18.
- Tools for the comprehension and production of texts. Since November 29. Tuesday from 16 to 18.
- Support workshops in Mathematics. From November 28. Available hours: Monday and Thursday from 4 to 7 p.m. Monday from 3 to 5 p.m. Wednesday from 3 to 6 p.m.
- Radio Workshop (FM University). Saturdays from 10 to 13.
- Workshop for the elaboration of Solar Heaters. As of December 7. Wednesday from 9 to 13.