Learn how to enable and use Magnifier on Android and iPhone so you don’t miss any details of what you see.
Over the years, the work of software vendors to provide users with better accessibility has been notorious. Android, in this sense, is no slouch, have introduced accessibility improvements throughout the updates. At the time, we explain what TalkBack is and what it is for. Today is the turn to learn enable magnifier in android.
If we ever need help to be able to view the contents of our mobile terminal, in Android we have the magnifying glass accessibility option. This accessibility option allows you to enlarge the screen of our device. In some mobiles, this function is known as “Magnifier”. In others, it is called “Extension”.
How to Enable Magnifier on Android
Android comes with a collection of built-in accessibility features. Normally, these features are not enabled by default. To activate them, we have to go to android settings and activate them. Different customization layers may change the name of these options but in general they are categorized into Accessibility.
Access accessibility options to enable magnification
To activate the magnification we activate the accessibility options and inside we should see the option to magnify or magnifier. After activating the option, it asks us to create a shortcut to launch the magnifying glass. Depending on the customization layer, we will find different ways to activate the magnifying glass. Here are a few:
- Via the accessibility button. As we mentioned before, when activating the accessibility menu, we will have a new option on the screen for this menu. We will simply click on the new icon that we will have in this menu.
- Using the volume keys. The next way we need to activate the magnifier is holding down both volume keys at the same time.
- With a triple touch. We can also activate the magnifying glass by triple tapping the screen. This option is perhaps the least recommended. In applications such as games, it could open without us needing it and weigh down the experience.
Setting the magnification type
arrive with android 12although we can also find it in some layers of customization, we have the possibility of choose the type of extension magnifying glass In this case, there are two types of extensions available for Android:
- Full screen magnification. In this mode, Android will fully zoom the screen to make it look bigger. We will see that there is an orange box in the area in which the magnification is activated.
- Enlarge part of the screen. If we are familiar with Windows, we will remember the Magnifier option of this system. For Android, it would be the same function. This will create a box through which you can see what is on the enlarged screen.
Using the pinch gesture we will enlarge the image. To deactivate the magnifier, we simply repeat the activation process. the box can be moved to any area of the screen.
How to Enable Magnifier on iPhone
Enabling Magnifier on iOS is quite similar to Android. To activate the zoom we will have to enter “Accessibility” in the settings menu and look for the option Zoom. We can also access this option in a more comfortable way by writing in the upper bar of the main section.
With this option we will do the same as in Android. We will enable or disable the magnifying glass on iPhone. To access the magnifying glass, We are going to touch the screen with three fingers and thus drag it anywhere on the screen.
Configuring Additional Magnifier Settings on iPhone
The iPhone, for its part, brings a feature called “follow focus”. This feature automates the operation of the magnifier. We won’t need to move the magnifying glass at allsince it will follow the direction of what we do.
Besides, there are other related parameters, such as parameters of smart writing plus the following:
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- zoom controller.
- Develop the region.
- Zoom filter.
At the bottom, we will find a bar to adjust the level of the magnifying glass. The default level on iPhone is x5 and can be increased to x15 in the latest versions of iOS.
That would be all about magnification or magnifier. We can always try downloading an Android or iOS app that helps, but It is recommended to use the native one of the system.
Related Topics: Portable
Sign up for Disney+ for 8.99 euros and without permanence
45secondes is a new media, do not hesitate to share our article on social networks to give us a solid boost. 🙂