Within the package of measures that the Government announced this week in an attempt to show management, the presidential decree that raised the most controversy is the one that establishes tariff segmentation and that divides the country into three bands that in the future will pay according to different criteria for both electricity and gas. The official message about this revolves around “little by little removing the subsidies” from the State towards the sectors with the highest economic income and it was, at the same time, a goal agreed upon with the IMF. La Mesa del Poder En MDZ Radio analyzed yesterday the reality that hides behind the announcement of the Government and how the tariff increase will be.
Jorge Lapenaformer secretary of energy of the nation during the government of Raul Alfonsin and president of General Mosconi Argentine Institute of Energy (IAE), admitted that the measure may cause confusion for some time, since there will be lower-income sectors that can pay 100% of the rate while the new registry of subsidized and high-net-worth users who continue to pay the rate is put into operation. subsidized. All this as a result of the little information that the Condition national on its users.
“The commitment is signed and work must be done to reduce the energy deficit, which last year was 11 billion pesos and for this year due to external issues, the State estimates to pay more than $15 billion, since it must import gas for the winter season. There are quite a few errors in the handling of subsidies and the Government It is part of the confusion, because Kirchnerism has abused this tool quite a lot over this time. If the presidency of Alberto Fernandez poorly segmented, vulnerable citizens will be excluded from society by not being able to pay for electricity, an essential service for this new reality,” explained the former official.
In addition, he highlighted that Argentines pay only 30% of the cost of producing electricity. “We pay a very low value of what comes out of producing electricity and the other 70% is paid by the State in concepts of subsidies to the generating park that are transferred through CAMMESA. If these subsidies were not redirected to this entity, the electricity would be cut off. Because power plants couldn’t afford enough fuel to burn it and produce power,” he said.
On the other hand, Lapeña stressed that the lack of diesel in Argentina is a very serious problem that should not have happened and that responds only to the effects of supply and demand. “The refineries have processed less oil causing the lack of diesel not to cover the demand and this has had repercussions in all economic spheres in more than 20 provinces of the country. This fact is aberrant and manifests the inaction of the Executive power on duty,” he said.
Venezuelan-Iranian plane: doubts about the crew are confirmed
After the controversy over the Venezuelan-Iranian plane seized in Ezeiza, the federal justice withdrew on Thursday afternoon information from the black box of the aircraft, while the judge Federico Villena awaits information from foreign agencies to determine if the passengers are linked to terrorist cells.
This episode, which has not yet been clarified, exposes the incompetence of the Government of Albert Fernandez, generating uncertainty both in Argentina and in neighboring countries that provided alerts and information, such as Paraguay and Uruguay, about “what was an Iranian plane doing” in the skies of South America.
Alejandro Cancelare remarked that it seems strange to him that we are still talking about this issue when it is so natural that these things happen in Argentina. “We are so associated with evil that sometimes they enable us for these things to happen to us, because on top of that it was a modified plane that fulfilled the functions of a freighter and nothing was found on it. So this anecdote will be one of the many that we will have to tell later, ”he commented.
On this, Rubén Rabanal said that “the plane of evil” before arriving in Argentine skies flew over countries where their democracies were in doubt, since those States were recently going through dictatorial processes. “That’s why the least important thing is to determine if it really was a cargo plane. Because it is difficult to clarify what these crew members were doing here, that is why the doubts about it are not speculative, they are objective”, argued the journalist.
The new piqueteros “technology”
On the eve of the June 17 holiday, tension has grown between picketers and the national government. The Worker Pole asks the minister of Social development, Juan Zabaleta, for the opening of social programs and for not complying with his requests, the “Piquetero Unit” has made the drastic decision to carry out “express camping”. This practice, according to national officials, has been described by the Government as “bellicose” and “extortive”.
Rubén Rabanal indicated that the Piquetero Unit It has taken a new technological battery to carry out its demonstration in the center of Buenos Aires. “The last cut covered from Arenales to San Juan and it is approximately 28 blocks. There were 100 people per block and they had an almost military lineup. All the flags were the same and every 100 meters there were teams of coordinators. There were agreements with the owners of the bars so that the picketers use their bathrooms throughout the mobilization,” he described.
And he added: “The mobilization coincided that it was just the day in which the beneficiaries of the ANSES programs could collect their salaries. Therefore, protesters were seen queuing at the bank and after withdrawing their money, these people joined the rally. And someone is paying for this whole scenario and it is not with the famous 2% of the voluntary piquetero contribution.”
The Table of Power national edition
The journalistic commitment MDZ that analyzes politics and society with the participation of Marcelo Arce, Ruben Rabanal Y Alexander Cancelare. The program is broadcast every Monday Y Friday from 8 to 9 p.m. MDZ Radio.