From the gender commission of the Community and Inter-institutional Network Juntos Podemos ZOR they reported that in parallel to the joy for the progress in the realization of the Artistic Corridor Against Gender Violence of intervention of the collective shelters with murals from km 10 to km 24.5 of route 226, legal actions were initiated due to the repeated vandalism suffered by the installed signs,
“The situation today finds us without exposed posters despite having been relocated twice, also to this damage was added the damage suffered in the shelter located at the entrance of the El Paraíso neighborhood that has an internal sector burned, for this reason A judicial investigation is open under the heading “Aggravated damage due to being executed on things of scientific or cultural value or goods for public use” that is being processed before the UFI ODA (Office of Determination of Authors), in charge of Dr. Ana Carina Mascioli”, reported the Network.
“The damage to the shelters is evident, and we can add that it is more symbolic than structural damage. The damaged signage, and previously managed by our Gender Commission, and installed with the consent of the concessionary company Corredores Viales SA, as a management body, represents serious damage to the shelters as such, ”he added.
As indicated, the signage is already an inescapable part of the shelters themselves, and damaging the signage is causing damage that begins in the building but that transcends to the depths of a serious social problem.
“We understand that the material damage is not large but indirectly generates serious consequences for the legitimate exercise of the right of the people affected to access clear, timely and sufficient information to address the problem that is going through them,” he said.
New artistic intervention in the Marco del 25N
Despite this unfortunate situation, this November 25, one year after the start of the realization of this project and within the framework of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, the Network will intervene in a new shelter at km 10 of the Route 226 for the visibility of sexual violence.
To date, physical, economic and patrimonial, psychological, obstetric, symbolic, media violence, against reproductive freedom, femicide, labor, domestic and street harassment have been captured on murals.
Places of Attention to victims of gender violence in Sierra de los Padres
– Decentralized Office of the Police Station for Women and the Family: Tel: 223-463-0561, service every day from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Father Luis Varetto 251. Municipal Delegation.
– Social Service: WhatsApp: 223-6888392: Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Municipal delegation.
– Legal Advice of the Directorate of Gender Policies: 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Municipal delegation.
– Caps La Peregrina Social Service: Tel: 223-4631008. Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Route 226 km 17
– Police station 14. Tel: 223-463-0113. Av. A. Argentina 2 (next to the Arch of the Ciudad Jardín neighborhood)
– Network of Companions for Victims of Gender Violence: On-call phone with referral to a companion 223-6227808
144: National hotline for gender violence. 24 hours. the 365 days of the year.
Our social networks: