MEXICO CITY.- Alert for a new species of violinist spider in Mexico City and the State of Mexico.
The government of Nezahualcóyotl warned about the presence of a new species of violinist spider in the State of Mexico and CDMX.
The fiddler spiders are very poisonous and its toxins can cause serious problems in our health, even death,” the authorities point out.
According to the information shared by the authorities, this new species of violinist spider has been found in the Mexico’s valleywhich includes the Mexico City, State of Mexico and Tlaxcala.
What is the difference of the new fiddler spider?
the new species differs from other violinists by its dorsal pattern (which simulates a violin), being perfectly visible in this species.
Effects of the bite of the violinist spider
- It looks like a burn or wound from a thorn.
- It looks like a red and white blister.
- In severe cases, kidney failure, disorientation, and lung injury occur.
- 50% of people who are bitten die.
It may interest you: Another species of violinist spider
What to do in case of a violinist spider bite?
- Stay calm so you don’t speed up your heart rate.
- Go to a hospital.
How to avoid violin spiders?
- Spiders like to settle in places like wardrobes, closets, bookcases, ledges, gas tanks, and beds, so it’s important to check and shake those places.
- Also check your shoes or clothes before you get dressed, sometimes they hide there too.