Then, the club issued the usual medical report and indicated that “Lionel Messi, whose evolution is good, continues his work with the medical and performance corps and will gradually return to the squad next week”.
Lionel Messi will also miss the third game of the year for PSG after being absent against Vannes for the Coupe de France, on Monday 3, and against Olympique Lyon for Ligue 1, last Sunday.
Lionel Messi has a new date to return to PSG
The captain of the Argentine national team, 34, contracted coronavirus between the Christmas and New Years holidays and remained isolated in his hometown, Rosario, until Wednesday the 5th when he was able to travel to Paris after negative PCR test.
His reappearance, at last, is expected to the next Ligue 1 game against Reims, scheduled on Sunday 23 at the Parc des Princes stadium in the French capital.
This Monday, Lionel Messi will compete with the Polish Robert Lewandowski and the Egyptian Mohamed Salah for the FIFA The Best award that the highest governing body of world football will deliver during a gala at its headquarters in Zurich.
Leo’s absences since he arrived at PSG
- 8/14 vs. Racing Strasbourg 4-2 (preseason)
- 20/8 vs. Brest 4-2 (pretemporada)
- 9/11 vs. Clermont 4-0 (Playoffs)
- 9/22 vs. Metz 2-1 (injury)
- 25/9 vs. Montpellier 2-0 (lesión)
- 10/15 vs. Angers 2-1 (Playoffs)
- 3/11 vs. Leipzig 2-2 (injury)
- 11/6 vs. Bordeaux 3-2 (injury)
- 19/12 vs. Feignies 3-0 (descanso)
- 3/1 vs. Vannes 4-0 (covid)
- 9/1 vs. Lyon 1-1 (covid)
- 15/1 vs. Brest (covid)