List brings the 42 highest paid CEOs in 2020
The gaming industry has been growing more and more every year, especially after the start of the pandemic. With growth, those who are involved in the creative process are earning more. CEOs, then, there is no talk. According to Games Ône, a game market research company, 42 CEOs together earned almost 1 billion dollars in 2020. The top three made hundreds of millions of dollars that year.
Take-Two Interactive, Activision Blizzard and EA are some of the names that appear in the list of the 10 studios with the highest paid chief executives in the industry. And if you’ve seen the name Activision Blizzard, and maybe the name Bobby Kotick comes to mind, know that it’s the same one who’s been suffering a series of lawsuits for harassment, racial discrimination, among other accusations, in the decades he’s been ahead of the developer .
Among the 42 highest paid CEOs, the top 10 are:
- Robert Antokol, Playtika; $ 372,008,176
- Bobby Kotick, Activision Blizzard; $154,613,318
- Andrew Paradise, Skillz; $103,321,052
- Andrew Wilson, Electronic Arts; $34,715,802
- Frank Gibeau, Zynga; $32,003,768
- John Riccitiello, Unity; $22,001,733
- Strauss Zelnick, Take-Two; $18,111,761
- Taek-Jin Kim, NCSoft; $ 15,620,773
- Min-Liang Tan, Razer; $10,457,000
- Debbie Bestwick, Team17; $10,242,642
And if we reverse the list, the 10 “least paid” among the 42 CEOs of game studios are:
– Continues after advertising –
- Carl Cavers, Sumo Group; $685,495
- David Braben, Frontier Developments; $581,516
- Kati Levoranta, Rovio; $ 535,722
- Anton Gauffin, Huuuge Games; $ 470,800
- Alex Nichiporchik, tinyBuild; $ 419,460
- Darcy Taylor, East Side Games; $418,473
- Adam Foroughi, AppLovin; $ 409,462
- Hannes Wallin, Fractal Gaming; $238,447
- Claude Guillemot, Guillemot Corporation; $185,004
- Lars Wingefors, Embracer Group; $162,293
Some names may even be unfamiliar, like number one on the list. Playtika is one of the largest mobile app and game developers in the world. Like Playtika, Zynga and Skillz are other giants in the mobile world. Among the top 10, Razer is the only one that doesn’t actually develop a game.
Mobile-focused companies aside, Activision Blizzard, EA and Take-Two are the industry giants focused on AAA titles. THE complete list brings other diverse companies in the game industry, not necessarily studios, such as Corsair and Gamestop. You can also find the CEOs of Nintendo, Ubisoft, CDPR, Square Enix, among many others.
Thinking about buying a product online? Discover the Adrenaline Save extension for Google Chrome. It is free and offers you price comparisons in major stores and coupons so you can always buy at the best price. Download now.