the director discusses the possibility of a sequel to the Star Wars series

Earlier in the week, we brought you this explanation of McGregor regarding the mixed success of the prelogy, on the occasion of the imminent release of the next Star Wars series Obi-Wan Kenobi. And as fans eagerly await the British actor’s return to the franchise, the director of the Disney+ series recently confided in the future of the series and its Jedi Master having the title role.

no sequel planned?

Last week, fans were treated to the explosive final trailer for the long-awaited Star Wars series, giving fans a taste of what to expect in Obi-Wan Kenobi. And while the series should make the connection between the original trilogy from 1977 to 1983 and the prelogy from 1999 to 2005it should also allow certain emblematic characters to make a comeback in the franchise, like the main character Obi-Wan Kenobi, but also that of his former Jedi apprentice who became Sith Lord, Anakin Skywalker / Dark Vader, with Hayden Christensen who is also returning to the franchise.

And if we know that many fans are impatiently awaiting the release of the series, which will be available at the end of the month on Disney+, the director of Obi-Wan KenobiDeborah Chow, recently revealed if any more stories are planned for Ewan McGregor’s Jedi Master in the Star Wars universe after this series. In an interview with Total Movie, Chow revealed that the show tells a standalone story and doesn’t necessarily plan to do more seasons or spinoffs.. She said:

We really designed this series as having a beginning, a middle and an end. This is one big story, and it was always intended that way. You can never tell what will happen in the future. But if another series were to see the light of day, it would be the same process of making sure there’s a real story to tell. Ours is obviously very much tied to the prequels, but I like the idea that there could be other stories that take place across the entire timeline.

Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedyhad already revealed earlier this year that “the approach had always been that [la série Obi-Wan Kenobi] be a complete story” and that future seasons would only happen if a good enough idea came along. She said:

Everyone came together and had such an amazing time. Ewan had an amazing time. Hayden had an amazing time. So clearly from that perspective, everyone involved would like this not to end. But we have to ask ourselves the question all the time: why would we do it? If we were to decide to do something more with the character of Obi-Wan, we would really have to answer this question: why?

If for the moment, nothing suggests that a sequel is planned, let’s wait to see the reception that will receive the series during its broadcast. Obi-Wan Kenobi will be available on Disney+ from May 27.

And to find out what is the movie that convinced McGregor to return to Star Warssee our previous article on the subject, right here.

Leave a Comment