MEXICO CITY.- For today, the remnants of a low pressure zone with cyclonic potential in the Pacific Ocean They will be located off the coast of Colima, and will interact with a low pressure channel that will extend along the Sierra Madre Occidental, maintaining very heavy rains in Colima and intense rains in areas of Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacán and Guerrero, which may generate an increase in the levels of rivers and streams, landslides and floods, as well as showers and heavy occasional rains in the northwest and center of the Mexican republic.
On the other hand, tropical wave No. 30 it will move over the Gulf of Tehuantepec, causing rains and intervals of showers in southeastern Mexico.
Finally, waves of 1 to 3 meters will be maintained on the coasts of the Pacific Ocean, from Chiapas to Jalisco and on the western coast of the Baja California Peninsula.
Tropical Storm “Nicholas”
“Nicholas” as a Tropical Storm is located on land over Texas, United States. Its cloud bands will originate showers in Nuevo León and Tamaulipas.
- Very heavy rains with intense punctual rains (75 to 150 mm): Nayarit, Jalisco, Michoacán and Guerrero.
- Heavy rains with very strong occasional rains (50 to 75 mm): Colima.
- Intervals of showers with strong punctual rains (25 to 50 mm): Sinaloa, Durango, Zacatecas and the State of Mexico.
- Showers intervals (5 to 25 mm): Sonora, Chihuahua, Nuevo León, San Luis Potosí, Aguascalientes, Tamaulipas, Veracruz, Guanajuato, Querétaro, Hidalgo, Puebla, Tlaxcala, Morelos, Oaxaca, Chiapas and Mexico City.
- Isolated rains (0.1 to 5 mm): Baja California Sur, Coahuila, Tabasco, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
Possible hail fall
Nayarit, Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán and Guerrero.
Forecast of temperatures
- Minimum temperatures of 0 to 5 ° C and possible frosts: mountainous areas of Chihuahua, Durango, Jalisco, Michoacán, State of Mexico, Puebla, Tlaxcala and Oaxaca.
- Maximum temperatures of 40 to 45 ° C: Baja California and Sonora.
- Maximum temperatures of 35 to 40 ° C: Baja California Sur, Sinaloa, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Tamaulipas, Campeche, Yucatán and Quintana Roo.
Wind and wave forecast
- Wind with gusts of 50 to 60 km / h: coasts of Jalisco, Colima and Michoacán.
- Waves of 1 to 3 meters: coasts of Jalisco, Colima, Michoacán, Guerrero, Oaxaca, Chiapas, as well as the western coast of the Baja California Peninsula.