Calhanoglu: Agreement in the million dollar dispute

Hakan Calhanoglu and his former advisor Bektas Demirtas have settled their litigation out of court. It was about more than three million euros.

Moved from Milan to Inter: Hakan Calhanoglu.

Getty Images

Specifically, the value of the item was even up to 3.5 million euros – the Heidelberg Regional Court named this amount when asked. Next Tuesday, Calhanoglu, formerly at Karlsruher SC, Hamburger SV, Bayer Leverkusen, AC Milan and currently under contract with the Italian champion Inter, and his ex-agent should have met in court.

The 27-year-old’s long-standing business relationship with Demirtas broke up, and in spring 2020 Calhanoglu switched to adviser Gordon Stipic-Wipfler and the Unique Sports Group, which also included Matthias Ginter (still Borussia Mönchengladbach), Kevin Volland (AS Monaco) and Reece James (Chelsea FC) represents.

However, as the “Sportbild” described it a few months ago, a debt admission worth three million euros from 2016 should have existed. According to this, Demirtas is said to have waived part of the agency commission due to him in the transfer of the Turkish national player from KSC to HSV in 2013 and a year later from Hamburg to Leverkusen and instead secured the acknowledgment of debt by Calhanoglu. On this basis, Demirtas sued his previous client, who just won the Italian Supercoppa with Inter.

Calhanoglu, in turn, filed a counterclaim. The trial in Heidelberg should have started in autumn 2021, after which it was postponed to mid-January. Now the LG Heidelberg told kicker that the date for the hearing had been canceled because the lawsuit and counterclaims had been withdrawn. Calhanoglu’s management did not respond to specific inquiries. Ex-advisor Demirtas said in an interview with kicker: “The issue is off the table after the out-of-court settlement. We have found a solution that is good for both sides and have agreed not to disclose the modalities.”

Leave a Comment