The cake O black jungle cake She hails from the city of Baden, Germany. Like traditional preparations, it is composed of a three-layer sponge cake interspersed with creams and fruits. But this makes the difference with its filling, topping and characteristic decoration that includes milk cream (or cream), whipped cream, cherries and shavings of chocolate.
In German “Black forest gateau” it means “cherry cake from the black forest”. This recipe It is ideal to leave the traditional preparations and surprise with something new at birthday celebrations with family or friends, or to indulge yourself with a good afternoon snack.
The preparation of the black forest does not require too much effort, but being cake shop it is important to respect the quantity of ingredients and the order of the recipe so that the end result is an explosion of sweetness, so no one would resist asking for a second or third portion of cake.
Ingredients for the chocolate sponge cake
- Five eggs
- 120 grams of sugar
- 60 grams of butter
- 70 grams of flour 0000
- 50 grams of cornstarch
- 25 grams of bitter cocoa
Ingredients for the filling and topping
- A liter of heavy cream
- 200 grams of semi-bitter chocolate
- 50 grams of sugar
- Cherry liqueur, amount needed
- To make the sponge cake, beat the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until the mixture is ready.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, starch and cocoa.
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture with enveloping movements and add the melted butter.
- Take the preparation to a greased and floured removable mold.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees and cook for 40 minutes.
- The sponge cake should rest for a day.
- For the filling and coverage: beat the cream with the sugar and divide in two. A part of it will be added the chocolate melted in a water bath.
- Cut the sponge cake into three layers.
- Moisten the base with liqueur and cover it with the chocolate and cherry cream.
- Add another lid, moisturize and add the white cream more cherries.
- Cover, moisturize and cover with both creams until marbling.
- Decorate to taste, put in the fridge for a while and serve.
As for the edges, there are versions that include decorated with cream and shavings of chocolate or only with the mixture of both creams, there are also others that only leave the cakes in the air. This will be up to the cook.