This Monday started the third season of Bake Off Argentina on Telefe hoping to maintain the rating of MasterChef Celebrity and La Voz Argentina. With driving Paula Chaves and with the renewed jury made up of Damián Betular, Pamela Villar and Dolli Irigoyen, the 14 new participants entered the well-known tent in search of the award of “best pastry chef “.
For the first meeting they decided to give them a free theme, which would take them back to a time, place or person that would make them happy. There were great successes and many mistakes. Among the first was Emiliano Dibernardi, 21, an administrative clerk, who touched the judges with a lemon cake.
The return of the jury
“The cake is inspired by a Paraguayan jasmine, which is a plant that is in my great-grandmother’s house. Inside is a lemon and orange sponge cake, and inside a lemon cream“he introduced them.
“Your cake is very nice. It seems to me that there is a balance between the inside and the outside. The lemon is felt and the cake is wet. The only thing I would have done is double fill it“, Pamela detailed with bright eyes.
“It is like a velvet. The two preparations are sophisticated. When it happens [por la estación]I was afraid because it looked like a communion, everything was half yellow and I thought it was only missing an angel. But the leaves made a change. You see the cake and say ‘great but I have to feel all this in one bite’ and everything is there in that bite“Betular sentence.”It is rich and it is beautiful“Dolli contributed as tears ran down Emiliano’s cheeks.
While the contestant has not shared his secrets to prepare the cake. Damián Betular has a very similar one in his repertoire. Know the step by step to elaborate it.
Lemon Bomb Cake, by Damián Betular
- Butter 275 grs
- Sugar 550 grs
- Cream cheese 250 grs
- Egg 6
- Yema 2
- Lemon zest 2
- Flour 0000 400 grs
- Baking powder 10 grs
- Sal ½ cdta
- Light cream cheese 350 grs
- White chocolate 150 grs
- 100 g butter
- Icing sugar 80 grs
- Lemon zest 1
- Beat the cream butter with the sugar and cream cheese, until “cream”, that is, to produce a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the eggs and yolks one at a time, continuing to beat. You can use an electric mixer. Add the lemon zest.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour with the baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ones to the cream with a hand mixer and enveloping movements, until integrated and a homogeneous preparation is left.
- Divide the dough into three parts and bake separately to generate three different discs, so that the cake is neater and more even. The mold should be greased with vegetable spray or shortening to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Cook in a moderate oven (170 degrees Celsius) for 35 minutes.
- To prepare the filling: beat the ingredients and chill for 20 minutes before assembling the cake.
- Insert the sponge cake discs, filling with the cheese and white chocolate mixture. The idea is to place it between one and the other, leaving a little filling to cover the cake, without reaching the edges so that the dough can be seen