The Internet is essential for work and daily activities. But sometimes it doesn’t work well. With a simple material of minimal cost you can improve
Wifi has become a very useful everyday element in people’s lives, since it allows us to connect to the Internet from various points around the world.
Although this has been happening for a long time, today, and as a result of the pandemic, it has become a more valuable tool for work and daily activities. The problem is that, find a way to improve Wifi it can take a long time and not be the definitive solution.
Given this, there are occasions where the use of mobile data to avoid losing connection while teleworking. However, there is a quick fix material with minimal cost that can solve these problems: Aluminum foil.
There are different ways to improve your Internet connection.
According to research from Darthmout University (Hanover, United States), using aluminum foil can help improve and increase the WiFi signal. To answer the hypothesis, A 3D print was used and a rigid plastic support in the shape of an “S” was created, which was covered with aluminum foil like the router antennas.
By conducting the tests, they confirmed that it was possible to better direct the WiFi signal when making an aluminum barrier. In this way, the impact that the walls or other isolations produce on the loss of signal in the devices in use was mitigated.
You probably don’t have a 3D printer to make the “S” bracket. Don’t worry, in the following lines we show you a practical way to make this idea come true in just 7 steps.
These are the following:
1. Cut out cardboard that measures 40 x 30 cm but has the ability to stand upright.
2. Take a pair of scissors and cut it out to make it a concave shape.
3. Spread the cardboard and line one side with the aluminum foil, avoiding wrinkles and trying to make it completely smooth.
4. Follow the same procedure with the other side of the cardboard and seal both sides giving it a concave shape.
5. Take another piece of cardboard and make two triangles with equal sides of about 7 cm, so that it is used as a base and can give stability to the cardboard with aluminum.
6. Next, make a cut of approximately 3 cm at the top corner to fit the aluminum shade.
7. Finally, place the screen on the back of the router antennas so that you can direct the signal to the place of your choice.
What if it keeps failing?
In case the signal problem continues frequently, pay attention to the following alternatives to improve the connection.
1. Check your WiFi connection with other devices.
2. Check that the network card works correctly and is updated.
3. Reposition the router’s WiFi cable.
4. Turn the router off or on.
Internet of things
‘Internet of Things’ (IoT or Internet of things in Spanish) is one of the branches of new technologies that explains the way in which the internet is incorporated into the creation of a network between, for example, household appliances in a house or the tools of a factory.
Thus, with more than 10 billion IoT devices connected today, this number is expected to increase to about 22 billion by 2025.